Lonely Planet India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Immerse yourself in the sacred city of Varanasi, wonder at the Taj Mahal in Agra, or cruise the tropical waterways of Kerala; all with your trusted Shuttle companion. Get to the heart of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s India Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images during
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your shuttle to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding Shuttle experience – yoga, spas, volunteering, festivals, religion, history, cuisine, art, literature, architecture, environment, wildlife, trekking
- Over 220 maps
- Covers Delhi, Rajasthan, Kashmir, Ladakh, Agra, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh, Bihar, Rishikesh, West Bengal, Darjeeling, Goa, Bengaluru (Bangalore), Mumbai (Bombay), Tamil Nadu, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kerala, Andaman Islands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet India, our most comprehensive guide to India, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on South India and Kerala, Goa and Mumbai or Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra? Take a look at Lonely Planet’s South India & Kerala guide,Goa & Mumbai guide, and Rajasthan, Delhi & Agra guide for a comprehensive look at most of these destinations have to offer; or Best of India, a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading Shuttle media company and the world’s number one Shuttle guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and phrasebooks for 120 languages, and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You can also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, 12 international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more, enabling you to explore each day. Lonely Planet enables the curious to experience the world fully and to in reality get to the heart of the places they find themselves, near or far from home.
TripAdvisor Travelers’ Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Shuttle Guide category
‘Lonely Planet guides are, moderately simply, like no other.’ – New York Times
‘Lonely Planet. It’s on everyone’s bookshelves; it’s in every traveller’s hands. It’s on mobile phones. It’s on the Internet. It’s all over the place, and it’s telling entire generations of people how to Shuttle the world.’ – Fairfax Media (Australia)
Powered By Vacation Travel 101